You would need a nice set of clothes to make you presentable. In this regard, an iron does appear to be the most obvious choice on all counts. The first thing at the back of your mind would be to scroll through the top 10 list. Though being a straight forward process if you have not gone on to undertake in the past you will face problems. Let us now explore a series of steps by which the process of ironing would become easy.
Assemble the necessary equipment
Since the iron does become hot you would want all the clothes to be at a single place before starting with the process of ironing. With a hot iron, you do not want to be fumbling on what to do. Get all things ready before you switch on the iron
- You are going to need an iron board that appears to be a large flat surface on which you can iron your clothes
- To protect delicate items you might need an old cloth
Sorting out the laundry by material
Each cloth does require a specific type of ironing. It does make sense to sort out the cloth by the material. Say for example the method of ironing cotton cloth to silky stuff would be different. You would want to start off the process in a manner where the clothes require a low-temperature setting
- Wool or nylon you can go on to iron at a low setting. In the case of silk you would need to turn the items inside off before ironing.
- For medium heat, you can opt for polyester. In the case of cotton you might need a high degree of heat. Before ironing both the set of clothes need to be damp.
The cotton along with polyester fabrics need to be damp before you iron them
You should not commit the mistake of ironing cotton or polyester dry. Before you iron them they need to be slightly damp
- Just pull out both these items before they become completely dry. You can also go on to spray them with a bottle before they turn dry
It would be prudent on your part to choose an iron that comes with safety features as part of it. Since it would be a dangerous instrument such an approach would reap dividends. With safety features, it can keep away accidents
- A cordless could be wonderful safety equipment. When you are ironing if someone trips over the iron cord it could lead to fatal accidents
- If you choose an iron with an automatic shutter it would also help. Even if you leave an iron accidentally on this would not go on to because any fire.
Perhaps the most important point of consideration would be doing not to leave an iron face down. There are high chances that it could go on to burn a surface and sometimes even lead to a fire. When you step aside to keep the iron always in an upright position.